Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rib Trip



First of all what a poor performance by England. They are never going to win the World Cup playing like that.

Anyway we got to go on the Rib Voyage today. It was brilliant. We went on the joint island trip which was basically going round Herm and Sark for two hours. The time flew by. Round by Herm on The Humps we actually got to see Puffins. They are such cute little creatures.

Also saw a seal bobbing up and down in the water. After that we went round Sarks coastline. Its amazing to see. The large cliff faces and hundreds of birds. Its just so lovely. I was thinking that you could start filming a version of lost there because it looks so empty. There are numerous caves in the cliffs so one day I will travel to Sark and explore some. Our guide said that its possible to explore them. If the tide had been slightly higher they could have got the Rib in one.

Unfortunately we didnt see any dolphins. Our guide said some were spotted off Sark on the Sunday and we did have a look but obviously they had moved on.

Anyway I would recommend this trip to anyone. We will probably try and do it again later on in the summer and see if the wildlife has changed any. I am one for getting seasick but handled it very well. Two hours sped past.

One tip would be wear sunscreen. They provide you with nice warm jackets and as it was a cloudy day I didnt think of putting something on my face. Well that was a big mistake.

2 comments:

SteveR said...

Thanks for this review - I might think about doing something like this when Karen is over in August.

Sameranda said...

Awww, your kitty is CUTE!

I keep meaning to go into A Piece of Cake but shamefully I've never managed it, it does look lovely though I must say.